Submission Deadline: April 30, 2017
The chapter must be a Distinguished Chapter in the previous calendar year and achieve the cumulative overall best performance in all the following areas:
- Percentage of members that are also AHMP members.
- Number/percentage of non-CHMM certified members.
- Number and level of cooperative relationships with other professional organizations, especially certifying organizations (“Level” describes the depth of cooperation, e.g., “low” (invited to each other’s meetings), “medium” (present at many meetings, invited to assist in projects), “high” (routine collaboration on meetings, speakers, tours, projects, regional conferences, etc.).
- Number and variety of professional development and education programs for members and prospective members (“Variety” reflects low, medium, or high degree of variability in the areas of interest presented).
- Number and scope of successful promotional (visibility) activities related to the hazardous materials management profession, professional certifications, the chapter, and AHMP (“Scope” means low, medium, or high visibility of these activities).
- Efforts and accomplishments in support of the AHMP strategic mission and AHMP and/or chapter membership expansion.
- Modes, creativity, and success at communicating with members and the public.
- Community service and education.
- Promotion of environmental sustainability principals and incorporation of environmental sustainability principals in chapter activities.
This award may be given as many times as a nominee qualifies for it, in years consecutive or otherwise—no limits.
Chapter of the Year Award Evaluation Form/Cover Sheet.